Grounds For Play, Inc. warrants its equipment to be free from defects in materials and workmanship under use and service for the periods below.
Limited Lifetime Warranty
- Fiberglass Reinforced Plastic (FRP) posts
- Steel posts
- Stainless steel hardware
- Aluminum fittings & post caps
- Trex® decking
- Punched decks
- Extruded plastic components
- Rotationally molded slides and roofs
- All other parts manufactured by Grounds For Play not mentioned in this warranty statement
- All warranty periods begin on the date of the invoice. This warranty does not cover defects which are cosmetic (scratches, dents, marring, fading, discoloring) or rust, and does not cover paint, normal wear and tear, damage due to vandalism or natural disaster, or lack of maintenance. Replacement of any item under warranty does not include freight or installation. This warranty is valid only when the equipment has been installed by or under the supervision of installers certified by Grounds For Play, Inc. This warranty exists in lieu of all other warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose.
Nature Products Warranty
Nature materials and products are subject to weathering, cracking, checking, splintering, and insects. Our natural products come with a 1-year warranty against manufacturer defects only. Due to these characteristics, we cannot guarantee sizes or shapes to be uniform.
Grounds For Play Shade Warranty and Specifications
- 10-year limited warranty.
- Shade products are warranted to the original purchaser against defect in workmanship and material.
- Please contact you Design Consultant for complete warranty details.
Grounds For Play Shade Structual Specifications
- Engineered to withstand hurricane force 1 winds with fabric installed; up to 150 mph winds with fabric removed.
- Meet uniform building codes ASTM A-36, A-53, A500, A513, and A-569.
- Custom design for superior strength.
- Durable and corrosion resistant.
- 20-year limited warranty against failure due to rust through corrosion.
- Bolts and steel meet ASTM guidelines.
- Tension cables meet ASTM A-603 guidelines.
- UV stabilized high density polyethylene ASTM 84.
- Blocks up to 97% harmful UV rays.
- Provides up to 91% shade.
- 20 degrees cooler than conventional steel roofs.
- Available fabric to meet California State Fire Marshal requirements, NFPA 701 and ASTM E84.
- Mildew and rot resistant.
- 80% water repellent.
- TFabric breathes allowing hot air to rise and escape, creating a cool cushion underneath.
- Provides hail protection.
- Available in a wide variety of colors.
- Fabric will not sag or loosen over time.
Grounds For Play Surfacing
- 8 years from the date of purchase against defects in turf materials, including ultraviolet degradation and excessive fading.
- Installation (including seams, tape, and edging), if installed by Grounds For Play, is warranted for a period of 1 year from completion.
- Grounds For Play does not warrant against normal wear and tear, damage caused by improper use, neglect, vandalism, floods, change in water table, or other acts of God.
- 5 years from the date of installation against defects in workmanship and materials, provided that the surfacing is installed by Grounds For Play.
- Includes unreasonable rubber deterioration and surface brittleness resulting in cracking.
- Does not cover damage during the curing process, shrinking, slight color variations including ambering, color fading, damage due to stains, burns, cuts, gouges, and indentations caused by unusual use, problems caused by moisture, alkali, hydrostatic pressure, cracking, shifting, or lifting of the substrate over which the surfacing product has been installed.
- Damage from vandalism and excessive wear and tear excluded.
- This warranty excludes transfer station, swings, and slide exits.
- Must apply urethane top coat (Poured in Place approved) every 24 months and supply documentation.
Inspection Required Before Signing Proof of Delivery
- Inspect packages and product for damages
- Count number of packages received and verify you have received all packages based on quantities listed on the delivery receipt
- Notate all damages or discrepancies on the proof of delivery prior to driver leaving location
NOTE: lt is the customer’s responsibility to verify the delivery ís for the correct product, count the number of pieces being delivered and inspect for damages PRIOR to signing the proof of delivery provided by the driver. All discrepancies or visible damages MUST be notated on the delivery receipt. All delivery discrepancies including damages must be called into our Customer Care Department listed on the delivery receipt within 72 hours of delivery. We DO NOT guarantee replacement parts or product FREE of charge due to concealed or unreported damages.
For your protection and the safety of children, insist that your playground equipment provider certify that your equipment as installed conforms to the guidelines of the most recent United States Consumer Product Safety Commission’s Public Playground Safety Handbook.
Grounds For Play, Inc. is a member of IPEMA (International Play Equipment Manufacturers Association). In addition to meeting or exceeding the standards of ASTM and the recommendations of CPSC, Grounds For Play has developed its own internal standards that are more stringent than either ASTM or CPSC in many areas of playground safety.
To download a PDF version of our warranty, please click here.