Grounds For Play Warranty
Grounds For Play, Inc. warrants its equipment to be free from defects in materials and workmanship under use and service for the periods below:
Limited Lifetime Warranty
- Fiberglass Reinforced Plastic (FRP) posts
- Steel Posts
- Stainless Steel Hardware
- Aluminum fittings & post caps
15-Year Limited Warranty
- Trex® decking
- Punched decks
10-Year Limited Warranty (when included as part of a complete playground purchase)
- Extruded plastic components
- Rotationally molded slides and roofs
- All other parts manufactured by Grounds For Play not mentioned in this warranty statement
- All warranty periods begin on the date of the invoice. This warranty does not cover defects which are cosmetic (scratches, dents, marring, fading, discoloring) or rust and does not cover paint, normal wear and tear, damage due to vandalism or natural disaster or lack of maintenance. Replacement of any item under warranty does not include freight or installation. This warranty is valid only when the equipment has been installed by or under the supervision of installers certified by Grounds For Play, Inc. This warranty exists in lieu of all other warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose.
Nature Products Warranty
Nature materials and products are subject to weathering, cracking, checking, splintering and insects. Our natural products come with a 1-year warranty against manufacturer defects only. Due to characteristics, we cannot guarantee sizes or shapes to be uniform.
Grounds For Play Shade Warranty & Specifications
- 10 year limited warranty.
- Shade products are warranted to the original purchaser against defect in workmanship and material.
- Please contact you Design Consultant for complete warranty details.
Shade Structural Specs:
- Engineered to withstand hurricane force 1 winds with fabric installed; up to 150 mph winds with fabric removed.
- Meet uniform building codes ASTM A-36, A-53, A500, A513 and A-569.
- Custom design for superior strength.
- Durable and corrosion resistent.
- 20 year limited warranty against failure due to rust through corrosion.
- Bolts and steel meet ASTM guidelines.
- Tension cables meet ASTM A-603 guidelines.
- UV stabilized high density polyethylene ASTM 84.
- Blocks up to 97% harmful UV rays.
- Provides up to 91% shade.
- 20 degrees cooler than conventional steel roofs.
- Available fabric to meet California State Fire Marshal requirements, NFPA 701 and ASTM E84.
- Mildew and rot resistent.
- 80% water repellent.
- TFabric breaths allowing hot air to rise and escape, creating a cool cusion underneath.
- Provides hail protection.
- Available in a wide variety of colors.
- Fabric will not sag or loosen over time.
Grounds For Play Artificial Turf Warranty
- 8 years from the date of purchase against defects in turf materials, including ultraviolet degredation and excessive fading..
- Installation (including seams, tape and edging), if installed by Grounds For Play, is warranted for a period of 1 year from completion.
- Grounds For Play does not warrant against normal wear and tear, damage caused by improper use, neglect, vandalism, floods, change in water table, or other acts of God.
Grounds For Play Poured in Place Warranty
- 5 years from the date of installation against defects in workmanship and materials, provided that the surfacing is installed by Grounds For Play.
- Includes unreasonable rubber deterioration and surface brittleness resulting in cracking.
- Does not cover damage during the curing process, shrinking, slight color variations including ambering, color fading, damage due to stains, burns, cuts, gouges, and indentations caused by unusual use, problems caused by moisture, alkali, hydrostatic pressure, cracking, shifting or lifting of the substrate over whcih the surfacing product has been installed.
- Damage from vandalism and excessive wear and tear excluded.
- This warranty excludes transfer station, swings and slide exits.
- Must apply urethane top coat (Poured in Place approved) every 24 months and supply documentation.
Grounds For Play Shipping Policy for Equipment Only Orders (non-Grounds For Play installed projects)
- The customer MUST arrange for unloading. Shipping and handling includes delivery to the customer's address, BUT DOES NOT include unloading. The customer should be aware that the order may arrive on a pallet and may require a forklift to unload, depending on the size and contents of the order.
- The shipment should be checked upon delivery for damages and damages should be noted on the bill of lading BEFORE the driver leaves. Photgraph damaged goods or packages immediately. Grounds For Play is not liable for any damage to equipment that is not properly noted on the bill of lading. There will be no replacment or reimbursement for items damaged in transit unless noted on the bill of lading.
- Grounds For Play ships on common carriers, governed by ICC regulations. GFP will make every attempt to use reputable carriers, but cannot be held responsible for mistakes, errors or omissions of or by the carrier.
For your protection and the safety of children, insist that your playground equipment provider certify that your equipment as installed conforms to the guidelines of the most recent United States Consumer Product Safety Commission’s Public Playground Safety Handbook.
Grounds For Play, Inc. is a member of IPEMA (International Play Equipment Manufacturers Association). In addition to meeting or exceeding the standards of ASTM and the recommendations of CPSC, Grounds For Play has developed its own internal standards that are more stringent than either ASTM or CPSC in many areas of playground safety.